BIG MEDICINE One-Hour Special to Air Nov. 18, 9PM Eastern on Discovery Health!

LINDA BOMBOLINO
on 11/4/09 5:01 am - MONTICELLO, NY
Thank you. I will be tuned in and let all my patients know as well!

Linda

LadySedona
on 11/4/09 5:39 am - Oakland, MD
Hi everyone!  I'm a newbie.  I'm at the beginning of my weight loss journey.  As it so happens, the first book I bought was Dr. Davis' book on WLS.  I love the way he makes things so easy to understand.  I've been wanting to see Big Medicine and this seems like a great time to start.  I'll be watching on the 18th.

Deb      
mrsmabrya
on 11/5/09 4:20 am - Decatur, GA
if home in time I'm planning to watch!
 ~Freda
  SW:350 /CW:190 /GW:180                              
Brandi D
on 11/6/09 11:21 am
Absolutely cannot wait :)
Both Drs. are so supportive. Robert did my surgery, and I felt so at ease. I wasn't nervous once while waiting in the preop room.. he just seemed so cool and collected.. and meeting him was amazing..

but what really changed my life was the discussion with Garth Davis at the seminar... learning about the VSG... and how he took the time to answer questions about my lifestyle versus surgery... and what surgery could/would be best.

I firmly believe their knowledge and bedside manner is the reason that I went through with the WLS.. and my life is changed today :) 

all other seminars I went to in the area.. were nowhere NEAR what Dr. Garth's seminar was... :) I had a few speed bumps with the staff.. and a few fears about the surgery itself after first choosing VSG.. but even that was all smoothed over appropriately...

Top notch place :)

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
LisaLisa2009
on 11/9/09 2:17 pm
I love this show!  I had RNY 5 1/2 months ago and have lost 109 lbs.  I told my support group of about 50 people about this tonight.  Good luck!

Lisa in California

LisaLisa2009
on 11/9/09 2:23 pm
Hi Kimberly,
     I'm confused.. ? I just told people to watch the show?

Lisa

Kimberly_Taylor
on 11/9/09 11:22 pm
Lisa,

First, thank you for asking people to watch the show.  It will air on Discovery Health on Wed, Nov. 18 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central.  If we get good ratings, we may be able to pick up a third season and continue to work to educate those struggling with morbid obesity about appropriate treatment. In addition, it is our goal to continue to work to change the mindset of the general public that obesity is a "lazy man's" issue.  It's not.  It's a disease, and to that end, we have much work to do!

Thanks for watching and telling your friends to tune in on November 18!  This is an all-new show and will bring you up-to-date on "Where Are They Now?" with some of our past patients!  It's gonna be a great show!

Kimberly Taylor
The Davis Clinic
Lap RNY 7-8-02
Sheilaz
on 11/11/09 2:03 am
RNY on 11/23/09 with
You bet I'll be watching the show.  I love getting all the help I can.  Thanks everyone!

Kathleen O.
on 11/11/09 6:04 am - Hemet, CA
Kim, I've never head of this... I will definately watch it.  Thanks for the heads up.
bevwilliams0829
on 11/11/09 10:30 pm
i have been looking for this show every since i read a book by one of the doctors!i will definatly tune in.
imanut2